當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:我們爲什麼熱衷擼狗?

雙語美文:我們爲什麼熱衷擼狗?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.07W 次

My family doesn't own a camera anymore.

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">雙語美文:我們爲什麼熱衷擼狗?

我們家再也不用相機了。


My daughter takes all of our pictures with her smart phone.

我的女兒用智能手機拍下的圖片成了我們全部的家庭照片。


Knowing that her Dad is still "old school"

還好她知道我這個父親是個“老古董”


she will from time to time run off prints of these pictures

她偶爾也會把一些照片打印出來


and let my son put them in an old fashioned photo album.

讓我兒子把照片放進老派的相冊裏。


They made me one just the other day.

幾天前他們才爲我製作了一本相冊。


As I was looking through it, however, I noticed something.

可是,當我翻看相冊時,我發現了某樣東西。


Far outnumbering the pictures of me, my daughter, my sons, and our extended family were the pictures of our dogs.

比起我的照片,我女兒的照片,我兒子的照片,還有其他親朋好友的照片,我們家的狗的照片在數量上要多得多。


It seemed like almost every page was full of happy, furry faces.

相冊的每一頁上似乎都能看到它們毛茸茸的,帶着幸福表情的小臉。


It made my heart smile as I flipped through them.

當我翻看這些相冊的時候,我在心裏綻放了笑容。


It made me glad to know that I have lived most of my life in the company of dogs.

原來我一生大部分的時光都是在狗狗的陪伴中度過的,知道這一點讓我很高興。


What is it about dogs?

狗狗們到底有什麼魔力?


We allow them on our couches and even in our beds.

我們縱容它們霸佔家裏的沙發,甚至踐踏牀鋪。


We clean up after them when we take them for walks.

帶它們出去散步,還得跟在後面收拾。


We vacuum up their fur.

我們爲它們吹洗毛髮。


We wipe off their drool .

我們爲它們擦掉口水。


We tolerate their bad breath.

我們忍受它們嘴裏的臭味。


We pay vet bills and buy new shoes when they chew up our old ones.

我們花工資供養它們,如果它們咬壞了我們的鞋子,我們也會默默的買一雙新的。


We enjoy their slurps and snuggles .

它們吃飯的聲音,它們親暱的依偎都讓我們感到喜悅。


We feed them our food when they don't want to eat theirs.

當它們不願意吃狗糧的時候,我們會把自己的食物供奉給它們。


We talk to them and hug them and confide in them.

我們跟它們說話,擁抱它們,對它們傾吐自己的祕密。


We welcome them into our homes and into our hearts.

我們敞開家門歡迎它們,更敞開心扉讓它們住進我們心裏。


Why do we love them so?

是什麼讓我們如此喜愛犬類?


Maybe it is because they love us so.

也許是因爲它們如此的愛着我們。


Their love and loyalty are unconditional.

它們對我們付出了無條件的愛和忠誠。


They accept us as we are and want to spend all of their days with us.

它們接受我們本來的樣子,希冀着每時每刻都和我們在一起。


They cry and howl when we leave home and jump for joy when we return.

當我們出門的時候,它們會悲傷哭嚎,當我們回家的時候,它們會喜悅的蹦蹦跳跳。


They shower us with love, attention, and affection whether we deserve it or not.

它們對我們表達了滿滿的愛意和關注,無論我們是否值得它們這樣付出。


They make us want to be the people they already think we are.

它們想讓我們變得更好,而在它們眼中,我們已經那麼好了。


They are and forever will be a glorious gift.

它們是我們被賜予的禮物,永遠都是。


May we always cherish them and embrace the lessons they teach.

願我們永遠珍惜它們,願我們銘記它們給我們的啓示。


May we all learn to love as freely and unconditionally.

願我們都能向它們一樣去愛,無條件的,自由的去愛。


May we all make our lives a gift of joy just as they do.

願我們和它們一樣,把每一天都當做充滿喜悅的禮物。