當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 職場禮節美語61如何合理與殘疾人交際

職場禮節美語61如何合理與殘疾人交際

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.02W 次


職場禮節美語61如何合理與殘疾人交際

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作,他在走廊上遇到了剛吃完中飯回來的美國同事Amy。

(Office ambience)

C:Amy, 吃過飯了嗎?

A:I did. A group from the office went out together. We missed you.

C:我今天特別忙,所以從家裏帶了便當。

A:You have a worried look. Is anything wrong?

C:你可真是好眼力。我們部門昨天來了位新同事,是坐輪椅的殘疾人。今天中午大家都出去吃飯了,辦公室只有我們兩個人。

A:That was a good opportunity for you to make her feel welcome. Was there a problem?

C:跟她在一起,我覺得很不自在,不知道怎樣做才得體。

A:What happened?

C:因爲只有我們兩人,所以我上來先自我介紹。

A:That's exactly right. Why was that a problem?

C:我記得你說過,自我介紹的時候應該主動跟別人握手。

A:That's correct.

C:但是我不知道她能不能握手,所以就沒有把手伸過去。

A:What happened?

C:結果她也介紹了自己,然後主動跟我握了手。

A:You handled that exactly right. If she had not been able to shake hands, she would not have offered hers.

C:那以後遇到殘疾人,是不是都要等他們先伸手呢?

A:Yes. You never want to make assumptions about what someone in a wheelchair can or cannot do.

******

當天下午下班前,陳豪來到Amy的辦公室。

C:Amy, 你現在有時間嗎?

A:Come on in. Tell me what else happened with your wheel-chair bound co-worker.

C:她在我後面熱飯。微波爐的位置挺高的,我不知道她需不需要幫忙。

A:What did you do?

C:後來看她要把飯盒放進微波爐裏確實很吃力,所以我就說,“May I help you?”需要幫忙嗎?

A:Your instincts were on target. You were right to ask her before you took action.

C:可是當時我就傻傻地站在那兒,挺彆扭的。

A:What happened next?

C:她表示了感謝,然後讓我幫她把飯盒放到了微波爐裏。

A:By asking her if you could help, you gave her the option to accept or reject your offer. Persons with disabilities are accustomed to doing things for themselves.

C:我也是這麼想,殘疾人其實都是很獨立的,而且能到咱們公司來工作,一定很有能力。

A:People with disabilities appreciate offers of help, but don't like others to make assumptions about what they can or can't do.

C:下次再遇到殘疾人,我該怎麼做呢?

A:It is quite simple, when you introduced yourself, you let her instigate the handshake. When it appeared that she might have difficulty with something, you asked her if you could help.