當前位置

首頁 > 英語作文 > 英語寫作經驗 > 英語演講稿關於自殺的範文

英語演講稿關於自殺的範文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.15W 次

下面是本站小編整理的英語演講稿 關於自殺,希望對大家有幫助。

英語演講稿關於自殺的範文

  英語關於自殺的演講稿一:

It is a cruel fact that more and more young people in China died due to the suicide. Thetragedy that white hair people send off black hair people has appeared more frequently. However, the possible main cause in my mind is the gap between the rich and the poor in our society that makes the competitive environment worse and more unfair, resulting in the psychological health on the edge. Thinking in negative way will finally lead to negative solution, so teenagers should adjust their attitude and struggle to get what they want. If we cannot change the place we were born or the society we survive, we should change ourselves and stop hurting the feelings of those people who care and love you all the time.

  英語關於自殺的演講稿二:

I recently retired from the California Highway Patrol after 23 years of service.

我最近剛退休,離開了加利福尼亞公路巡警局,我工作了23年的地方。

The majority of those 23 years was spent patrolling the southern end of Marin County,whichincludes the Golden Gate Bridge.

這23年裏的大多數時間,我都是在馬林縣的南部巡邏,我都是在馬林縣的南部巡邏,其中包括金門大橋,

The bridge is an iconic structure,known worldwide for its beautiful views of San Francisco,thePacific Ocean, and its inspiring architecture.

這座橋是一個標誌性建築,世界聞名,因爲從橋上可以觀賞舊金山與太平洋的美景,還有它予人靈感的建築風格。

Unfortunately, it is also a magnet for suicide,being one of the most utilized sites in the world.

不幸的是,這座橋也吸引了自殺者,成爲了全球自殺事件最多的地點之一。

The Golden Gate Bridge opened in 1937.

金門大橋開通於1937年,

Joseph Strauss, chief engineer in charge of building the bridge,was quoted as saying,the bridgeis practically suicide-proof.

約瑟夫·施特勞斯是負責建造這座橋的總工程師,我引用他一句話,這座橋實際上有防自殺設計,

Suicide from the bridge is neither practical nor probable.

在這座橋上自殺既難以成功也不太可能發生。

But since its opening,over 1,600 people have leapt to their death from that bridge.

但自從這座橋開放後,超過1,600人從橋上縱身投入了死亡。

Some believe that traveling between the two towers will lead you to another dimension thisbridge has been romanticized as such a that the fall from that frees you from all your worriesand grief,and the waters below will cleanse your soul.

某些人相信經過這兩座塔間會帶你去另一個世界—這座橋已經被浪漫成這樣了,就是說從橋上墜落會讓你免除所有的煩惱與悲痛,而下面的水會淨化你的靈魂。

But let me tell you what actually occurs when the bridge is used as a means of suicide.

但是,讓我來告訴你,假如你嘗試從金門大橋跳河自殺結果實際上是怎樣的。

After a free fall of four to five seconds,the body strikes the water at about 75 miles an hour.

在四到五秒的自由落體後,人的身體擊中水面,速度大約75英里(120公里)每小時。

That impact shatters bones,some of which then puncture vital organs.

這個衝擊力能使骨頭粉碎,一些碎片之後會刺穿重要器官。

Most die on impact.

大多數人當場死亡。

Those that don't generally flail in the water helplessly,and then drown.

如果沒有死,一般是在水中無助地撲騰,然後淹死。

I don't think that those who contemplate this method of suicide realize how grisly a death thatthey will face.

我認爲那些考慮這種自殺方式的人並未意識到他們的死法將會多麼可怕。

This is the cord.

這是鋼索。

Except for around the two towers,there is 32 inches of steel paralleling the bridge.

除了在兩座塔周圍,橋邊有32英寸(80釐米)的鋼索,平行於橋。

This is where most folks stand before taking their lives.

大多數自殺者在自殺前就站在這裏。

I can tell you from experience that once the person is on that cord,and at their darkest time,it isvery difficult to bring them back.

根據我的經驗,我可以告訴你,一旦有人站在了鋼索上,在他人生最黑暗的時刻,再讓他回來是極爲困難的。

I took this photo last year as this young woman spoke to an officer contemplating her life.

我在去年拍了這張照片,當時這位年輕女子正和一位警官說話,思索她的人生。

I want to tell you very happily that we were successful that day in getting her back over the rail.

我要很高興地告訴大家,那天我們很成功地把她從護欄那邊拉了回來。

When I first began working on the bridge,we had no formal training.

當我剛開始在這座橋上工作時,我們沒有受過正式的訓練,

You struggled to funnel your way through these calls.

我在這些呼叫中掙扎前進,

This was not only a disservice to those contemplating suicide,but to the officers as well.

這是幫倒忙,不僅是對那些想自殺的人,對警察也是傷害。

We've come a long, long way since then.

從那以後,我們走過了漫漫長路。

Now, veteran officers and psychologists train new officers.

如今,經驗豐富的老警官和心理學家們對新警察進行訓練。

This is Jason Garber.

這位是傑森·加博。

I met Jason on July 22 of last year when I get received a call of a possible suicidal subject sittingon the cord near midspan.

我遇到傑森是在去年6月22日,那時我接到一個電話,說可能是一個人要自殺,正坐在橋中段附近的鋼索上。

I responded, and when I arrived,I observed Jason speaking to a Golden Gate Bridge officer.

我回應了,而當我到達時,我看到了傑森,他正和一位金門大橋的警官對話。

Jason was just 32 years old and had flown out here from New Jersey.

傑森年僅32歲,是從新澤西州乘飛機來的。

As a matter of fact,he had flown out here on two other occasions from New Jersey to attemptsuicide on this bridge.

事實上,他另外還來過兩次,從新澤西飛來,想在這座橋上自殺。

After about an hour of speaking with Jason,he asked us if we knew the story of Pandora's box.

在與傑森交談了大約一個小時後,他問我們是否知道潘多拉之盒的故事。

Recalling your Greek mythology,Zeus created Pandora,and sent her down to Earth with abox,and told her, Never, ever open that box.

想一想希臘神話,宙斯創造了潘多拉,然後將她降於人間,還有一個盒子,並告訴她:永遠不要打開這個盒子。