當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 有哪些對話非常“中國”?

有哪些對話非常“中國”?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.89W 次

What kinds of conversations only happen in China?
什麼樣的對話只在中國發生?
獲得4.2k好評的答案@Paul Denlinger

有哪些對話非常“中國”?

Here is a conversation which has happened to me fairly frequently. I get approached by a man or woman who is in her 60s or 70s, and the conversation starts like this:
這裏有段經常發生在我身上的對話。有個六七十歲的老人朝我走來,然後就會開始這樣一段對話:
"Are you.married?"
“你結婚了沒?”
"No."
“沒。”
"Why not? Do you like men instead?"
“爲什麼還沒結?難不成你喜歡男人?”
"No, I like women. I guess I have just not met the right one."
“不,我喜歡女人。我覺得我只是還沒遇到對的人。”
"How much money do you make?"
“你賺了多少錢?”
"I make xxx."
“我賺了xxx元。”
"Do you own a house?"
“你有房嗎?”
"No, I don't."
“沒有。”
"You seem like a decent person. Why aren't you married?"
“你看起來很是正派體面。你爲什麼還沒結婚?”
"I have had some bad luck."
“我運氣不太好。”
"Would you be interested in meeting my daughter? She is 40 years old and not married yet. I was wondering if you could meet and become friends?"
“你有沒有興趣和我女兒處處?她40歲了,也還未婚。我想你們可以見個面然後處個朋友?”
By this time, my mind is whirling madly. If agree to meet, their hopes are very high, and if things don't work out, I will end up hurting them. Time for some honesty.
這時我心裏是一團亂麻。如果我答應去見面,他們會對此事抱有很大期望,如果我們處不來,我最終會傷害到他們。我應該開誠佈公。
"If you give me a way to contact her, I will contact her directly and we can have dinner. But I don't want you to be involved in the process if that's OK with you."
“如果你給我她的聯繫方式,我會直接去聯繫她,然後我們可以一起吃頓飯。但是我不希望你摻和進來,這樣行嗎?”
"OK. Do you have a recent photo? I will give it to her and ask her. And give me your phone number so that she can contact you directly."
“沒問題。你有近照嗎?我會給她看看,問問她的意思。然後你把你的電話給我吧,這樣她就可以直接聯繫你了。”
"Here you go. Thank you."
“就這樣吧,謝謝你。”
In fairness, this kind of conversation has happened to me in the US too, but only among Chinese.
說實在的,在美國,這種對話也有發生在我身上,但僅限中國人之間。
There are a lot of desperate Chinese parents out there.
那裏有太多對兒女婚事極度焦慮的中國父母。
獲得2.6k好評的答案@Peter Niu

I had this conversation last year, 30 minutes into a first date. We were both 25:
這段對話發生在去年,就在第一次見面的30分鐘內。我們倆都是25歲:
Girl: "So Peter, how much do you make each month".
女方:“那麼,Peter,你每個月賺多少錢?”
Me: "Um... [an amount]".
我:“嗯,···元(一個總額)。”
Girl: "That's not bad. Have you bought a house or a car yet?"
女方:“還不錯。你買房了嗎?買車了嗎?”
Me: "Neither. I want to invest my income into education."
我:“都沒有。我想把我的收入投資在學習方面。”
Girl: "Don't you think as a man it is your responsibility to own a house or car?"
女方:“你不覺得你作爲一個男人,你有責任買房買車嗎?”
Me: "..."
我:“······”
I don't know just how prevalent this is but all of my male friends in Shanghai and Beijing report having experienced various versions of this conversation, whereas in the UK I'd have found this baffling.
我不知道這種對話有多流行,不過我在上海和北京的男性朋友都說經歷過這種對話的多種版本,但是在英國,我發現很多人對此表示不解。
獲得702好評的答案@Rune Vejby

Two parents in a compliment/response interaction:
兩個家長互相之間的恭維/迴應:
A: Your child is very intelligent.
A:你家孩子可真聰明。
B: He's not, he's not.
B:不不,他不聰明。
It only makes sense in China.
只有在中國纔講得通。