當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語美文着述 > 簡單的英語美文範文欣賞

簡單的英語美文範文欣賞

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.37W 次

英語學習不好都是因爲我們不夠努力。今天小編就給大家分享一下英語美文欣賞。歡迎大家參考閱讀

ing-bottom: 100%;">簡單的英語美文範文欣賞

  做最好的自己

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,

如果你當不成山巔的一棵勁鬆,

Be a scrub in the valley---but be

就做山谷裏的小樹吧---但務必

The best little scrub by the side of the rill;

做溪流邊最棒的一棵小樹;

Be a bush if you can't be a tree.

當不了樹就做一叢灌木,

If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass--

當不成灌木還可以做小草--但務必

And some highway happier make.

做路邊最快樂的一株小草。

If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--

如果你不是大梭魚就做一尾鱸魚吧,

But the liveliest bass in the lake!

但要做湖裏最活潑的小鱸魚!

We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,

我們不能都做船長,必須有人當船員,

There's something for all of us here,

可每個人都有自己的事兒,

There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do,

有的事情大,有的事情小,

And the task you must do is the near.

而你要完成的任務就近在咫尺。

If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,

如果你不能做大道就做一條小徑,

If you can't be the sun be a star;

若是不能做太陽就做星星;

It isn't by size that you win or you fail--

決定成敗的不是你的大小--

Be the best of whatever you are!

只要你做最好的自己!

  我要試試

The little boy who says "I'll try"

說"我要試試"的小孩

Will climb to the hill-top.

會攀上頂峯

The little boy who says "I can't".

說"我不行"的小孩

Will at the bottom stop.

將滯留命令谷底。

'I'll try" does great things every day.

"我要試試"每天做大事,

"I can't" gets nothing done.

"我不行"每天一事無成。

Be sure then that you say "I'll try"

一定要說"我要試試"

And let "I can't" alone.

把"我不行"放到一邊去。

  品味現在

Tucked away in our subconsciousness is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the moment. We are traveling by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn ad wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.

我們的潛意識裏藏着一派田園詩般的風光! 我們彷彿身處一次橫貫大陸的漫漫旅程之中! 乘着火車, 我們領略着窗外流動的景色:附近高速公路上奔馳的汽車、十字路口處招手的孩童、遠山上吃草的牛羣、源源不斷地從電廠排放出的煙塵、一片片的玉米和小麥、平原與山谷、羣山與綿延的丘陵、天空映襯下城市的輪廓, 以及鄉間的莊園宅第!

But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering---waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.

然而我們心裏想得最多的卻是最終的目的地! 在某一天的某一時刻, 我們將會抵達進站! 迎接我們的將是樂隊和飄舞的彩旗! 一旦到了那兒, 多少美夢將成爲現實, 我們的生活也將變得完整, 如同一塊理好了的拼圖! 可是我們現在在過道里不耐煩地踱來踱去, 咒罵火車的拖拖拉拉! 我們期待着, 期待着, 期待着火車進站的那一刻!

"When we reach the station, that will be it!" we cry. "When I'm 18." "When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes Benz!" "When I put the last kid through college." "When I have paid off the mortgage!" "When I get a promotion." "When I reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after!"

"當我們到站的時候, 一切就都好了! "我們呼喊着! "當我18歲的時候! ""當我有了一輛新450SL奔馳的時候! ""當我供最小的孩子唸完大學的時候! ""當我償清貸款的時候! ""當我官升高任的時候! ""當我到了退休的時候, 就可以從此過上幸福的生活啦! "

Sooner or later, we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.

可是我們終究會認識到人生的旅途中並沒有車站, 也沒有能夠"一到永逸"的地方!生活的真正樂趣在於旅行的過程, 而車站不過是個夢, 它始終遙遙領先於我們!

It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.

真正令人發瘋的不是今日的負擔, 而是對昨日的悔恨及對明日的恐懼! 悔恨與恐懼是一對孿生竊賊, 將今天從你我身邊偷走!

So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. The station will come soon enough.

那麼就不要在過道里徘徊吧, 別老惦記着你離車站還有多遠! 何不換一種活法, 將更多的高山攀爬, 多吃點兒冰淇淋甜甜嘴巴, 經常光着腳板兒溜達, 在更多的河流裏暢遊, 多看看夕陽西下, 多點歡笑哈哈, 少讓淚水滴答! 生活得一邊過一邊瞧! 車站就會很快到達!