當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 雙語新聞 > 你應該立刻扔掉這些東西

你應該立刻扔掉這些東西

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.18W 次

There are few experiences more satisfying than Throwing away junk you don't need.

很少有比扔掉不需要的垃圾更令人心滿意足的事情了。

No, that shiny Apple box will never be useful, and it's better off recycled than sitting in the back of your closet. And no, you're never going to peruse those old issues of Cosmo. Just let them go.

不會的,那個Blingbling的蘋果盒永遠都不會派上用場,與其放在衣櫥的最後面,倒不如將其循環利用。不,你也不會去追問那些有關世界的老問題的,扔掉它們吧。

Pare your life down to the essentials. Here are things you should throw away.

將生活中的一切都清乾淨,只剩下必需品。下列就是你應該扔掉的東西。

Worn out shoes

磨破的鞋

Are they broken? Throw them out. Still good but you haven't worn them in forever? Donate.

這些鞋壞了沒?扔掉吧。這些鞋保持的很好,但你已經很久沒有穿了?捐了吧。

Empty alcohol bottles

空酒瓶

You're not in college anymore, and those bottles of fancy bourbon are not a trophy collection, unless if you live in a frat house.

你再也不是大學生了,除非你住在一座法式房子裏,否則這些漂亮的波旁酒酒瓶又不是獎盃,何必收藏呢。

Clothing you've never worn

你從未穿過的衣服

Donate. Someone less fortunate than you could be wearing them. Same goes for children's clothing and Halloween costumes that can't be used as hand-me-downs.

捐了吧。沒你幸運的人可能會穿。孩子的衣服以及那些不能再給下一輩穿的萬聖節禮服也都應該捐出去。

Old toys

舊玩具

Toys can be expensive. If they're not broken but no one in your family will use them, donate them - whether it's to charity or relatives with young children.

玩具很耗錢。如果玩具沒壞,但你們家不再有人玩了,那就捐了吧--不管是捐給慈善機構還是送給親戚家的小朋友都行。

Lonesome socks

只剩一隻的襪子

I used to keep a basket of single socks with the missing pair on top of my washing machine, hoping each one's spouse would show up. It's better to just let them go.

我曾經在洗衣機上放了一籃子只剩一隻的襪子,希望另一隻能夠出現。但最好還是都扔了吧。

Expired makeup

過期化妝品

It will mess up your face. Toss 'em out. Same goes for unused makeup samples.

這會讓你的臉遭殃。扔掉吧。不用的化妝品樣品也該扔掉。

Expired medication

過期的藥

No, you don't need those Motrin capsules "just in case." They expired in 2015.

不,就算是以防萬一你也不需要這些布洛芬膠囊,它們在2015年就過期了。

你應該立刻扔掉這些東西

Your toothbrush

你的牙刷

You should be replacing your toothbrush every few months, especially the bristles are frayed.

每過幾個月你都應該換牙刷,尤其是牙刷毛磨損之時。

Stuff in your fridge

冰箱裏的東西

You know very well what I'm talking about. You can't just leave it in there. Throw it in the trash. Use shopping bags as gloves if you have to.

你很清楚我說的是什麼。你不能把它們留在冰箱內。扔到垃圾桶裏吧。如果必要,扔的時候在手上套上購物袋。

CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes

CD,DVD和錄像帶

It's 2017. Rip them to a hard drive and save some space on your shelves.

現在是2017年了,將它們轉到硬盤裏,爲架子騰出一些空間吧。

Dish cleaning sponges

洗碗海綿

Your dish sponges are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria. Wash them often, and replace them every couple of weeks.

你的洗碗海綿是細菌滋生的好地方。要經常洗,每隔幾周就應該換新的海綿。