當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 購物詞彙,短語,句型史上最全總結

購物詞彙,短語,句型史上最全總結

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.57K 次

Shopping Vocabulary

購物詞彙,短語,句型史上最全總結

購物詞彙


Finding the right store / shop

找到合適的商店


Opening times

開放時間


Selecting goods

選貨


Making Payment

付款


Returns and complaints

退款和投訴


Things written on signs

寫在標牌上的東西


Using a credit card

使用信用卡


Prices and numbers

價位


Making comparisons

作比較


Different ways of asking someone to SHOW you something

要求別人給你看東西的不同方式


When you want to TRY something

當你想試穿衣服的時候


If you’d like the shop assistant to give you a DIFFERENT SIZE OR COLOUR

如果你想讓售貨員給你換個尺碼或顏色


When you finally decide what you want to BUY

當你最終決定要買什麼的時候


Example conversations between a shop assistant, customer and cashier

店員、顧客和收銀員之間的對話示例


Phrasal verbs related to shopping

與購物有關的短語動詞


Whether you love shopping, or just shop when you need to, you can practice your English at the same time!

不管你是喜歡購物,還是在需要的時候購物,你都可以同時練習你的英語


Shopping is a great way to communicate with lots of different people, and it really helps to boost your confidence in speaking English!

購物是一個很好的方式與許多不同的人溝通,它真的有助於提高你的信心說英語!


You might hesitate or make mistakes to begin with, if you’re a bit nervous, but that’s completely normal. You may even find it hard to understand what the shop assistant is saying to you, if you don’t understand all the words!

如果你有點緊張的話,你可能會猶豫或者犯錯,但這是完全正常的。如果你聽不懂店員對你說的話,你甚至會覺得很難理解!


If you familiarise yourself with the phrases and vocabulary in this blog, then you’ll know what you should expect to hear from the people you talk to on your shopping spree. It’ll make shopping a more enjoyable experience, and improve your English too!

如果你熟悉這個博客中的短語和詞彙,那麼你就會知道你在購物狂歡中應該從與你交談的人那裏聽到什麼。它將使購物成爲一種更愉快的體驗,並提高你的英語水平!


The more you do it, the easier it will get, and the more natural it will feel!

你做得越多,就越容易,感覺也就越自然!


shopping vocabulary

購物詞彙


SHOPPING VOCABULARY

購物詞彙


People:

人的稱謂:


Customer

顧客


Cashier / clerk

前臺人員


Attendant / assistant

店員


Manager

經理


Shopping:

購物:


Wallet (male)

錢包(男)


Purse (female)

錢包(女)


Scale

規模,尺碼


Till / Counter

到/前臺


Barcode

條形碼


Receipt

收據


Gift receipt

禮品收據


Aisle

走廊


Shelf / shelves

架子


Trolley / s

推車


Basket / s

購物籃


Lift / s

電梯


Escalator / s

手扶梯


Bag / s

袋子


Fitting rooms / changing rooms

試衣間


Ways to Pay:

支付方式:


Cheques

支票


Cash

現金


Notes

紙條


Coins

硬幣


Card machine

刷卡機


Chop and pin machine

切釘機


Credit cards / debit cards

信用卡/借記卡


Loyalty card

積分卡


Where to Buy:

購物地點:


convenience store / general store / newsagents / department store / shop / store

便利店/綜合店/報刊社/百貨公司/商店/商店


chemist / pharmacy

藥店


toy shop / toy store

玩具店


book shop

書店


ladies clothing shop / boutique

女士服裝店


men’s clothing shop / tailor

男士服裝店


shoe shop / cobbler’s

鞋店


jeweller’s / jewellery store

珠寶店


opticians / optometrists

眼鏡店


electrical store

電子產品商店


record shop

唱片店


ironmonger’s / ironmongery

五金商/五金商


charity shop / second hand shop

慈善商店/二手商店


haberdasher’s / haberdashery

縫紉用品店


shopping centre

購物中心


shopping mall / mall

購物商場


market

市場


florist / botanist

花店/植物學家


butcher’s

肉店


fishmonger’s / seafood store

魚販/海鮮店


greengrocers / grocery store

蔬菜雜貨店


baker’s / bakery

烘焙店


delicatessen

熟食店


grocer’s

雜貨店


DIY store / home supply store

DIY店/家居用品店


hardware store

五金店


off-licence

外賣酒店


post office

郵局


supermarket

超市


gardening store / gardening centre

園藝商店/園藝中心


USEFUL PHRASES THAT A CLERK OR CUSTOMER MIGHT USE

店員或顧客可能使用的有用短語


1. Finding the right store / shop

一.找到合適的商店


Questions:

問題:


Can you recommend a good toy shop/store?

你能推薦一家好的玩具店嗎?


Is there a chemist / pharmacy in this area?

這個地區有藥劑師/藥房嗎?


Where can I get pet food from?

我在哪裏可以買到寵物食品?


Where is the nearest shopping centre?

最近的購物中心在哪裏?


Could you direct me to the nearest post office please?

請問最近的郵局在哪?


Do you know where the nearest hardware store is?

你知道最近的五金店在哪裏嗎?


Responses:

回覆:


There is a really good book shop just around the corner.

拐角處有一家很好的書店。


You can buy that here in the hotel.

你可以在酒店裏買到。


The nearest one is a few mile away.

最近的一個在幾英里外。


The best toy shop is in the shopping centre.

最好的玩具店在購物中心。


The post office isn’t open on Sundays.

郵局星期天不開門。


The convenience store on the corner might sell that.

街角的便利店可能會賣這個。


2. Opening times

2.開放時間


Questions:

問題:


What time are you open until?

你什麼時候開門?


What time do you close today?

你們什麼時候關門?


Are you open on the weekends?

你們週末開門嗎?


Are you open all day?

你們全天營業嗎?


What are your opening hours?

你們的營業時間是什麼時候?


Are you open on Sundays?

星期天開門嗎?


Are you open every day during the week?

你一週內每天都開門嗎?


What time do you open tomorrow?

你們明天什麼時候開門?


Responses:

回覆:


We’re open from 9am to 6pm.

我們從早上9點到下午6點開放。


We’re open on weekdays only (Monday to Friday).

我們平日(星期一到星期五)營業。


We’re open from 10am to 8pm.

我們從上午10點至晚上8點開放。


We’re open 7 days a week.

我們一星期7天營業。


We’re open 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

我們開24/7(一天24小時,每週7天)。


We’re closed at lunchtime, between 12pm and 2pm.

我們午餐時間暫休,中午12點到下午2點之間。


We’re closed on Bank Holidays (national holidays).

我們在銀行假日(國定假日)關門。


3. Selecting goods

3.挑選商品


Clerk’s / Assistant’s Questions:

售貨員/店員的問題:


Can / May I help you?

我能幫你什麼忙嗎?


Can I help you find something?

我能幫你找什麼嗎?


What colour would you like?

你想要什麼顏色的?


What size would you like?

您要多大尺寸的?


Is there anything else I can help you with?

還有什麼我可以幫你的嗎?


Would you like to try it on?

你想要試試它嗎?


Is that any good?

這個好使嗎?


What can I do for you?

要點什麼呢?


How does it fit?

合身嗎?


How about this one?

那這個怎樣?


Anything else?

還有別的嗎?


Would you like anything else?

您還要其他的東西嗎?


Customer’s Questions:

顧客的問題:


Excuse me, do you work here?

打擾一下,你在這裏工作嗎?


Could you help me please?

你能幫我一下嗎?


I’m looking for a ….

我在找一個……


I’m trying to find a ….

我在找一個……


Could you tell me where the …. is, please?

你能告訴我……在哪裏嗎?請問是嗎?


How much is this?

這個多少錢?


How much are these?

這些要多少錢?


How much does this cost?

這個多少錢?


How much is that …. in the window?

在櫃窗裏的......多少錢?


Where can I find the …. ?

在哪裏可以找到......?


Do you sell …. ?Do you have any … ?

你們賣/有…嗎?


Would you have this in another colour?

這個有別的顏色嗎?


Have you got anything cheaper?

你們有沒有便宜些的?


Do you have something less pricey (expensive)?

有比較便宜的嗎?


Do you have this item in stock?

這件商品有存貨嗎?


Do you have a smaller/bigger/larger size?

有小一點/大一點/大一號的嗎?


Do you know where else I could try?

你知道我還能去哪裏嗎?


Does it come with a guarantee/warranty?

有保修單嗎?


Where is the changing/fitting room?

更衣室在哪裏?


Is there somewhere I can try it/this/them on, please?

請問有什麼地方可以試試這個嗎?


Where can I weigh my groceries?

我在哪裏可以稱量我的雜貨?


Do/Can you deliver?

你能送貨嗎?


Do you have a refund policy?

你這兒有退款政策嗎?


Is this in the sale?

這是在打折嗎?


Clerk’s / Assistant’s Responses:

售貨員/店員的答覆:


I’m afraid that’s the only colour we have.

恐怕這是我們僅有的顏色了。


Sorry, we don’t have any more in stock.   Sorry, we don’t sell those / them here.

對不起,我們沒有存貨了。


I’m afraid we don’t have any more left.

恐怕我們已經沒有剩下的了。


I have exactly what you’re looking for.

我正好有你要找的東西。


This one is on sale right now!

這一款現在正在打折!


It comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. It comes with a 1-year guarantee.

它附帶一個製造商的保證書。


The changing / fitting rooms are that way.

更衣室在那邊。


The scales are by the counter over there. That’s where you can weigh your groceries.

天平在那邊的櫃檯上。你可以在那裏稱量你的雜貨。


That one is ….(price)’re ….(price) each.

它們是……(價格)一個。


You can get a refund if you keep the receipt safe, and bring it back within 2 weeks.

如果你保管好發票,2個星期內拿回來就可以得到退款。


Customer’s Responses:

顧客的回覆:


I don’t need any help. I’m just browsing, thanks.

我不需要幫助。我只是隨便看看,謝謝。


No, I’m just looking, thanks.

不,我只是隨便看看,謝謝。


Wow, that’s cheap!

哇,太便宜了!


That’s good value.

這物有所值。


Oh, that’s expensive.

哦,那太貴了。


That’s quite reasonable.

那很合理。


That’s a little over my budget.

這超出我的預算了。


That’s not exactly what I’m looking for.

那不是我正找的。


I’ll take it.I’ll take this, please.

我要這個。


It’s too long / too short.

太長/太短了。


It’s too tight / too loose.

太緊了/太鬆了。


4. Making payment

4.付款


Cashier’s / Clerk’s Questions:

收銀員/售貨員的問題:


Are you in the queue?Are you being served?

你在排隊嗎?/有人招呼你嗎?


Who’s next?/Next, please!

下一個是誰?


How would you like to pay?

請問您怎樣付款?


Will that be cash or credit?

使用現金還是信用卡?


Do you have a loyalty card?

你有積分卡嗎?


Would you like a bag?

你想要一個袋子嗎?


Can I help you with anything else?

我還能幫你做點什麼嗎?


Will that be all?

請問那是所有嗎?


Would you like a gift receipt for that?

你想要一張禮物收據嗎?


Would you like me to gift wrap it for you?

你要我幫你包起來嗎?


Would you like that gift wrapped?

你想把那個禮物包起來嗎?


Would you like any cashback?

你想要什麼卡?


Put your card into the machine, please.

請把你的卡放進機器裏。


Enter your PIN, please.

請輸入您的密碼。


That comes to ….(price), please.

那就……(價格),拜託了。


The total is ….(price)’s ….(price), please.

總共是……(價格)。


Customer’s Questions:

顧客的問題:


Do you take credit cards?

接受信用卡嗎?


Can I pay by cheque, please?

請問我可以用支票付款嗎?


Could I have a receipt, please?

能給我開個收據嗎?


Could I have a gift receipt, please?

請給我一張禮品收據好嗎?


Could you gift wrap that for me please?

請你幫我包裝一下好嗎?


Can I put one item back, please? I’ve changed my mind about this one.

請給我退回一件東西好嗎?我改變了主意。


Could I leave my bags here, and pick them up later, please?

我可以把包放在這兒,晚些時候取嗎?


Do you offer a cash discount?

你們提供現金折扣嗎?


Does it have a warranty / guarantee?

有保修單嗎?


Cashier’s / Clerk’s Responses:

收銀員/售貨員的回覆:


We take / accept all major credit cards.

我們接受所有主信用卡。


Sorry, we don’t accept cheques.

對不起,我們不收支票。


I’m afraid we take cash only.

我們只收現金。


We’re offering 6 months credit, with no deposit, if you’re interested.

如果你感興趣的話,我們提供6個月的信用,沒有存款。


Customer’s Responses:

顧客的回覆:


I’ll pay in cash/I’ll pay by card

我用現金/卡支付。


Here’s ….(money), keep the change!

這是……(錢),不用找了!


That’s it for today.

今天就這些吧。


That’s all, thanks.

就這些吧,謝謝。


Thank you. Have a good day!

謝謝您.祝您今天過得愉快!


5. Returns and complaints

退貨和投訴


Questions:

問題:


Who can I speak to about making a complaint?

我可以向誰投訴?


Could I have a refund please?

請給我退款好嗎?


Can I speak to the manager please?

我能和經理講話嗎?


I’d like to return this please.

我想退貨。


I’d like to make a complaint.

我想投訴。


I’d like to change this for a different size please.

我想把這個換成不同尺寸的。


Do you have the original receipt?

你有原始收據嗎?


Did you buy it from one of our other stores?

你是從我們其他的商店買的嗎?


Can I ask why you’re returning it please?

我能問一下您爲什麼要退嗎?


Can I ask why you’ve changed your mind please?

我能問一下您爲什麼改變主意嗎?


Responses:

回覆:


It doesn’t work.

它不起作用。


It doesn’t fit.

它不合適。


It was a gift, but I don’t like it.

這是個禮物,但我不喜歡。


It was a gift, but the person I bought it for doesn’t like it.

這是一個禮物,但是我買的那個人不喜歡它。


THINGS WRITTEN ON SIGNS THAT YOU MIGHT SEE

你可能看到的標誌上的東西


OPEN

打開


CLOSED

關閉


Open 24HRS (HOURS) a day

24小時營業


Special offer

特價


SALE

打折


Clearance sale

清倉甩賣


Closing down sale

停業甩賣


Everything must go!

一切都甩賣!


Liquidation sale

清盤甩賣


Great value products

高價值產品


Good value

物有所值


Bargains

便宜貨


BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

買一贈一


Buy one get one half price

買一個另一個半價


Half price sale

半價銷售


70% OFF EVERYTHING

全場7折


Reduced to clear

降價清倉


Out for lunch

外出午餐


Back in 15 minutes

15分鐘後回來


Back at 2PM

2點回來


Shoplifters will be prosecuted

扒手將被起訴


CCTV in operation

電視監控區


USING A CREDIT CARD

使用卡


enter your pin

輸入您的密碼


please wait

請稍等


remove your card

請取出您的卡片


signature

簽名


PRICES AND NUMBERS

價格和數量


£5.99 = “Five pounds and ninety-nine pence” (long way)

5.99英鎊:“五磅九十九便士”(全稱)


£5.99 = “Five, ninety-nine” (short way)

5.99英鎊:“599”(簡寫)


$12.75 = “Twelve dollars and seventy-five cents” (long way)

$12.75=“十二美元七十五美分”(全稱)


$12.75 = “Twelve seventy-five” (short way)

$12.75=“1275”(簡寫)


€3.20 = “Three euros and twenty cents” (long way)

3.20歐元:“3歐元20美分”(全稱)


€3.20 = “Three twenty” (short way)

3.20歐元:“320歐元”(簡寫)


MAKING COMPARISONS

作比較


Example Conversation 1:

示例對話1:


A: Which sofa should we buy? I can’t decide!

A:我們應該買哪張沙發?我不能決定!


B: This one is larger, but it’s more expensive. I prefer the smaller one.

B:這個比較大,但是比較貴。我喜歡小一點的。


Example Conversation 2:

示例對話2:


A: I need a new watch, but I don’t know which one to get. Can you give me any suggestions?

A:我需要一塊新表,但我不知道該買哪塊。你能給我一些建議嗎?


B: Rolex watches are better than Sekonda, but they’re not as affordable. Sekonda watches are better value for money.

B:勞力士手錶比塞康達好,但價格不太實惠。Sekonda手錶性價比更高。


Example Conversation 3:

示例對話3:


A: I like the red sweater. What do you think?

A:我喜歡這件紅色毛衣。你怎麼認爲?


B: I like the red one too, but I think the blue one is better, and the green one is best. The green colour really suits you.

B:我也喜歡紅色的,但我覺得藍色的比較好,綠色的比較好。綠色真的很適合你。


Example Conversation 4:

示例對話4:


A: What do you think of this dress? Does it suit me?

你覺得這件衣服怎麼樣?它適合我嗎?


Different ways of asking someone to SHOW you something

要求別人給你看東西的不同方式


Can you show me the ….. please? (Informal)

你能給我看看…。。拜託?(非正式)


Could you show me the ….. please? (Informal / Formal / More Polite)

你能給我看看…。。拜託?(非正式/正式/更有禮貌)


Would you be so kind to show me the ….. please? (Formal)

你能不能給我看看…。。拜託?(正式)


I’d like to see the ….. please.

我想看看…。。拜託。


Could you direct me to the …. aisle please?

你能告訴我去…。請走道?


When you want to TRY something, you can say:

當你想嘗試某事時,你可以說:


Do you have any testers for these (lipstick) colours?

你們有沒有測試(脣膏)顏色的測試器?


Can I try it / them on, please?

我能試穿一下嗎?


Could I try it / them on, please?

我可以試穿一下嗎?


Is it okay if I try this / these on?

我試試這個/這個可以嗎?


Where can I try it / them on?

我在哪裏可以試穿?


Where are the changing rooms, please?

試衣間在哪裏?


If you’d like the shop assistant to give you a DIFFERENT SIZE OR COLOUR, you could say:

如果你想讓店員給你換個尺碼或顏色,你可以說:


Do you have it / them in size ….. please?

有尺寸的嗎…。。拜託?


Do you have this/these in a smaller / bigger / larger size please?

這個/這些有小號/大號/大號的嗎?


Can I try the larger / small one please?

我可以試試大的/小的嗎?


Do you have it / them in a different colour please?

請問有不同顏色的嗎?


This is a little too tight / loose, do you have another one?

這個有點太緊/太鬆了,你還有別的嗎?


When you finally decide what you want to BUY, you can say:

當你最終決定要買什麼時,你可以說:


Wow, this one is great. I’ll take it!

哇,這個很棒。我來拿!


This one is perfect, I’ll take it thanks.

這個很好,謝謝。


I’ll have this one, please!

請給我這個!


Can I buy the …. , please?

我能買…。,拜託?


How much is it / are they?

它們多少錢?


I’d like to buy this one, please.

我想買這個。


I’d like to buy it / them, please.

我想買它/它們。


EXAMPLE CONVERSATION BETWEEN A SHOP ASSISTANT (A), CUSTOMER (B), AND CASHIER (C)

店員(A)、顧客(B)和收銀員(C)之間的對話示例


A: Hi there, can I help you with anything?

A:你好,有什麼需要幫忙的嗎?


B: Yes please, I’m looking for a T-shirt.

B:是的,我在找一件T恤衫。


A: What size are you?

A:您的尺碼是多少?


B: I’m a medium.

B:我是中等身材。


A: What colour would you like?

A:您要什麼顏色的?


B: Maybe a blue or green one.

B:可能是藍色或綠色的。


A: Here you are. How about these?

A:給你。這些怎麼樣?


B: Thank you. Can I try them on anywhere?

B:謝謝。我可以在任何地方試穿嗎?


A: Certainly, the changing room is over there.

A:當然可以,更衣室在那邊。


B: Thank you.

B:謝謝。


A: How do they fit?

A:它們合身嗎?


B: They’re both fantastic. I really like them.

B:它們都很棒。我真的很喜歡他們。


A: Yes, the blue looks nice on you, it really brings out your eye colour.

A:是的,藍色在你身上看起來很漂亮,它真的讓你的眼睛看起來很漂亮。


B: Thank you. I’ll buy both of them!

B:謝謝。這兩樣我都買!


A: Great! Please go to the tills, and pay over there.

A:太好了!請到收款臺那兒付款。


B: Alright, thank you for your help.

B:好的,謝謝你的幫助。


C: Who’s next please!

C:請問下一位是誰!


B: Hi there, I’d like to buy these please.

B:你好,我想買這些。


C: OK, how would you like to pay?

C:好的,您想怎麼付款?


B: Do you take credit cards?

B:你收信用卡嗎?


C: Yes, we do.

C:是的,我們有。


B: Okay, here’s my credit card.

好的,這是我的信用卡。


C: Enter your pin number into the machine please.

C:請在機器上輸入您的密碼。


B: Okay, done.

B:好的,完成了。


C: Thank you. Shall I put your receipt in the bag?

C:謝謝。我把你的收據放在包裏好嗎?


B: Yes please.

B:好的。


C: Here you go. Have a nice day!

C:給你。祝您有個美好的一天!


B: Thank you, goodbye!

B:謝謝,再見!


EXAMPLE CONVERSATION BETWEEN A CASHIER (A), AND CUSTOMER (B)

出納(A)和客戶(B)之間的對話示例


A: Are you next in the queue sir?

先生,您是下一個排隊的嗎?


B: Yes, I’d like to buy this watch as a gift for my wife please.

B:是的,我想買這塊手錶作爲禮物送給我妻子。


A: Okay, would you like me to gift wrap it for you?

A:好的,要不要我給你禮品包裝?


B: Yes please, that would be great!

B:好的,那太好了!


A: Are you sure this is the right size for your wife?

A:你確定這是適合你妻子的尺碼嗎?


B: I’m not sure, it’s just a guess!

B:我不確定,只是猜測而已!


A: I can print a gift receipt so she doesn’t see the price, but can bring it back to change the size if she needs to. Would you like me to do that?

A:我可以打印一張禮品收據,這樣她就看不到價格了,但如果她需要的話,可以把它拿回來換尺碼。你想讓我這麼做嗎?


B: Yes please, that would be amazing!

B:是的,太棒了!


A: Okay, that’ll be sixty-five dollars and ninety-five cents for the watch please.

A:好的,請給我六十五美元九十五美分的手錶。


B: Can I pay by cheque please?

B:我可以用支票付款嗎?


A: No, I’m afraid we don’t accept cheques.

A:不,恐怕我們不接受支票。


B: Okay no problem, I’ll pay by debit card then.

好的,沒問題,那我就用借記卡付款。


A: Please insert your card into the machine, and then enter your PIN.

A:請將您的卡插入機器,然後輸入您的密碼。


B: Okay, done.

B:好的,完成了。


A: Would you like me to put the gift receipt in the box with the watch?

A:要我把禮品收據和手錶放在盒子裏嗎?


B: Yes please, that’ll be perfect.

B:好的,那太好了。


A: Here you go sir. Enjoy the rest of your day.

A:給您,先生。好好享受餘下的一天。


B: Thank you very much!

B:非常感謝


USEFUL PHRASAL VERBS RELATED TO SHOPPING

與購物有關的有用短語動詞


PHRASAL VERBS FOR SHOPPING

購物的動詞短語


PUT ON (to place something on a surface or person)

穿上(把某物放在表面或人身上)


Put your items on the counter please.

請把你的東西放在櫃檯上。


Why don’t you put on that new jacket you bought yesterday?

你爲什麼不穿上昨天買的那件新夾克呢?


TRY ON (to test an item to see if it is suitable)

試穿(測試一件物品看是否合適)


Can I try these dresses on somewhere please?

我可以在什麼地方試穿這些衣服嗎?


TRY OUT (to test something to see if you like it)

試一試(測試一些東西看你是否喜歡)


I’d like to try out this lipstick colour please, do you have a tester for it?

我想試一試這口紅顏色,你們有試驗器嗎?


THROW ON (to wear something casually)

穿上(隨便地穿上)


I’m looking for a simple, comfortable dress that I can just throw on.

我在找一件簡單舒適的衣服,我可以穿上。


DROP IN (to visit someone casually)

來訪(隨便拜訪某人)


Drop in during your lunch break when you have more time, and I’ll help you find the right pair of shoes for you.

午休時間多過來看看,我幫你找一雙合適的鞋。


POUR IN (enter in high quantity)

涌入(大量輸入)


The supermarket was so busy over the Christmas weekend. The customers started pouring in, as soon as the doors opened!

聖誕節週末超市很忙。顧客們一開門就蜂擁而至!


POP IN (to visit someone, informal)

突然進來(拜訪某人,非正式的)


I’ll book you an appointment, and you can pop in for a consultation with one of our opticians.

我給你預約,你可以過來和我們的一位眼鏡商會診。


BROUGHT IN (to make something new for the first time)

帶進來(第一次做新的東西)


We have brought in a brand new summer collection now, so the old winter range is on sale.

我們現在帶來了一個全新的夏季系列,所以舊的冬季系列正在出售。


CAVE IN (to surrender or give up to persuasion)

屈服(投降或放棄說服)


The shop assistant was so convincing that this dress was the best one for me, that I caved in and bought it, even though it was so

expensive!

售貨員很有說服力,認爲這件衣服對我來說是最好的,所以我讓步買了它,儘管它是這樣的太貴了!


THROW IN/CHUCK IN (to include in addition to something – ‘chuck’ is more informal than throw)

扔進/扔進(除了某些東西之外還包括–“CHUCK”比扔進更非正式)


If you buy this laptop, I’ll chuck in a free laptop case for you.

如果你買這檯筆記本電腦,我就給你送一個免費的筆記本電腦包。


END UP (to finally make a decision abut something, after lengthy consideration)

最後(經過長時間的考慮,最終作出決定)


I couldn’t decide which one to buy, so I ended up buying both of them

我沒法決定買哪一個,所以最後兩個都買了


COME UP (when something is approaching/arriving)

上來(當有東西接近/到達時)


I need to buy a gift for my friend, his birthday is coming up.

我要給我朋友買件禮物,他的生日快到了。


TAKE UP (to choose to start doing something new)

開始(選擇開始做新的事情)


I’m thinking of taking up the violin, could you buy one for my next birthday please?

我想學小提琴,你能爲我的下一個生日買一把嗎?

BRING DOWN (reduce the amount of something)

降低(減少某物的數量)


We have brought down the prices, because we’re having a huge sale before the winter!

我們已經把價格降下來了,因爲我們在冬天前有大減價!


TURN DOWN (to refuse or reject something)

拒絕(拒絕或拒絕某物)


He bought a really expensive watch for me, but I turned it down. I couldn’t accept it!

他給我買了一塊很貴的手錶,但我拒絕了。我不能接受!


POP OUT (to leave to go somewhere for a short time)

突然出來(離開去某個地方呆一會兒)


I’m just going to pop out to the cash machine, could you save these items for me please?

我正要去提款機,你能幫我把這些東西存起來嗎?


I’m just popping out to buy some bread and milk from the local store.

我正要從當地商店買些麪包和牛奶。


OPT OUT (to choose not to be a part of something)

選擇退出(選擇不參與某事)


They gave me the option of getting everything on credit, but I opted out because I prefer buying things upfront, than being in debt.

他們給了我賒賬的選擇,但我選擇了不賒賬,因爲我更喜歡提前買東西,而不是欠債。


RULE OUT (to decide that something is not suitable / remove something from a list of options)

排除(決定某事不合適/從選項列表中刪除某事)


I’m not sure which laptop to buy. I think I’ll rule out this one, because it’s too expensive. Now I just have to decide between these two.

我不知道該買哪臺筆記本電腦。我想我不買這個,因爲太貴了。現在我得在這兩者之間做出決定。


PHASE OUT (to gradually remove something from existence in one place)

逐步淘汰(在某處逐漸脫離某物)


Sorry, we don’t sell those anymore. We phased them out last year, because they weren’t very popular.

對不起,我們不再賣了。我們去年淘汰了他們,因爲他們不太受歡迎。


SELL OUT (to sell the whole supply of something)

賣完(賣掉全部的東西)


I’m afraid all those watches have sold out now; they were very popular over Christmas!

恐怕那些手錶現在都賣完了,聖誕節期間很受歡迎!


HELP OUT (to assist someone)

幫助(幫助某人)


Could you help me out please? I can’t do the zip up on this dress!

你能幫我一下嗎?我不能把這件衣服的拉鍊拉上!


DO UP (to fasten something)

上(兩件繫緊的東西)


Could you do the zip up on this dress for me please?

你能幫我把這件衣服的拉鍊拉上嗎?


STAND OUT (to be distinctive or more noticeable than others)

脫穎而出(與衆不同或比其他人更引人注目)


This sweater stands out from the rest. I love the vibrant colours!

這件毛衣與衆不同。我喜歡鮮豔的顏色!


WALK OUT ON (to abandon someone angrily)

走開(憤怒地拋棄某人)


I was so disappointed with their service, that I just walked out on them, and I didn’t pay!

我對他們的服務非常失望,所以我就離開了他們,我沒有付錢!


PAY OFF (to pay back all you owe)

還清


I have finally paid off all the money I owed on my credit card! It’s such a relief!

我終於還清了信用卡上的所有欠款!真是如釋重負!


PULL OFF (to succeed in doing something difficult)

成功(做困難的事)


Wow, not many people can pull off that outfit, but you look stunning in it!

哇,沒多少人能脫掉那套衣服,但你穿上它看起來真漂亮!


TOP OFF (to end or finish something in a special way)

結束(以一種特殊的方式結束或完成某事)


I got an amazing deal on this computer, and to top it off, they gave me an extra three years free warranty!!

我在這臺電腦上得到了一筆驚人的交易,最重要的是,他們給了我額外的三年免費保修!!


RIP OFF (to charge someone excessively)

敲詐(過分地收費於某人)


They ripped you off! I bought that for half the price in a different store!

他們把你宰了!我在另一家商店以半價買的!


GIVE BACK (to return something)

回饋


I’ll have to give this ring back to Tom, because he broke off the engagement.

我得把這個戒指還給湯姆,因爲他取消了訂婚。


TAKE BACK (to decide on returning something in the near future)

收回(決定在不久的將來歸還某物)


I’m going to take this back to the store, and see if I can get a different colour.

我要把這個帶回商店,看看能不能換個顏色。


PAY BACK (to pay what you owe)

還(債)


If you get our loyalty card now, you won’t have to pay the whole amount today, instead you can pay us back in installments each month.

如果你現在拿到我們的會員卡,你今天就不用付全部的錢了,你可以每個月分期還我們。


TALK OVER (to discuss something before making a decision)

討論(做決定前討論某事)


I do love this sofa, but I’ll need to talk it over with my wife before committing to buying it.

我真的很喜歡這沙發,但在我決定買它之前,我得和我妻子商量一下。